Monday, May 2, 2011

Process

Happy Monday and my #2 post of 'Blog-a-Day in May!' We're in the process of...
...buying a house! Woo hoo! We've been in escrow for a little over a month and are going to sign papers soon (this week)! So very exciting because we've never owned a house and always lived in apartments. And let me tell you-- we need it. We have SO much stuff. And I will be SO OVERLY excited when I don't have to hear the running water from upstairs or the heavy stompers from above (they will be my children!).


So that means we're in the process of moving! YUCK!

So I'm looking for tips and HELP on how to make a move with children as smooth as possible. I know that's quite a stretch, but it could be doable, right?

When do you pack up their stuff? Toys? Pictures on their walls?

I'm planning on keeping their rooms the way they are (besides cleaning out drawers and getting rid of the never-ending stack of stuffed animals) so it feels somewhat normal.

Please, any help will be much appreciated!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what it's like to move with kids, but it seems to me that even when you label boxes, you can't find them in the new place. It may be helpful to label where the boxes should go in the new place, so it's easy to find something when you unpack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Emily!!! I was planning on doing that-- and I always, always, always, write what's in the box on every side and on top of the boxes. Makes it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting to have a new house! I unfortunately do not have any advice for moving with children...we haven't had to move since the triplets were born. I have no doubt you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ami!!!! Well I'll have to blog about it after we are settled. I'm sure I'll learn more things about moving with toddlers than I'd ever want to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete