Friday, May 13, 2011

'Night night, mommy'

When I was little, my mom would sing a "good-night" song and we would hhaaatttteeeeeee it because it meant it was time to go to bed! Well, I have picked this up and the girls love it. It's a soothing song if you are the mama or daddy, when YAY! it's time for the kids to go to bed!

It goes a little summin' like this:

"Night, night, mommy!"
"Night, night, mommy!"
"Night, night, mommy! It's time to go to bed!"

"Night, night, daddy!"
"Night, night, daddy!"
"Night, night, daddy! It's time to go to bed!"

"Night, night, Ava!"
"Night, night, Ava!"
"Night, night, Ava! It's time to go to bed!"

"Night, night, Emma!"
"Night, night, Emma!"
"Night, night, Emma! It's time to go to bed!"

And then the girls proceed to include the animals:

"Night, night, Lucy!"
"Night, night, Lucy!"
"Night, night, Lucy! It's time to go to bed!"

"Night, night, Kitty/Sabath!"
"Night, night, Kitty/Sabath!"
"Night, night, Kitty/Sabath! It's time to go to bed!"

2 comments:

  1. Shut the front door! That is Almost EXACTLY what we sing to the kids when it's bed time! I totally thought I made it up! Is it actually a real song? The only thing I sing differently is, I say,

    Good night, Colton!
    Good night, Colton!
    Good night, Colton, it's time to go to bed!

    That is sooo funny that we both sing that! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well it was "good night, ___" when I was little, but the girls say 'night night' instead.

    I think it is a song.. but with waaayyy different lyrics on an old Disney music CD from when I was little, more like a RECORD. ;) I'll have to find it!

    That is soooooooo funny we both sing it! :) We were meant to be blogger buddies.

    ReplyDelete