Thursday, March 3, 2011

'Time Out' for mommy

A few months back, I read an article in Parenting magazine about a mother who screamed. Now, to be fully honest- I'm a yeller turned screamer. And I am so shameful of this. It has gotten worse since the girls have grown up and fight constantly. Or don't listen. Or are pulling each other's hair, pinching, biting, pushing, etc. and then not listening to me so that they will stop.

I know I'm not the only one. I know moms and dads reach their limits and fail. Mommy was put in a time out tonight and went and rested her soul while walking the isles of Target.

I need help. Any suggestions?

****I wrote this months ago and thought I would finally post it after I have looked at myself, calmed down-- and don't feel so ashamed anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment