Thursday, July 21, 2011

'Because there had never been anyone like you...ever in the world'

"On the night you were born,
the moon shone with such wonder
that the stars peeked in
to see you
and the night wind whispered,
'Life will never be the same.'
Because there had never been
anyone like you...
ever in the world."
-Nancy Tillman
I have just discovered this book, On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.  It will know be in every gift bag I present at every future baby shower I go to. 
Source: http://www.nancytillman.com/books/night/

Man, do I cry every single time I read this book to my girls. And seriously, I do do it twice a night. Since both girls want me to read to them over their beds as they sip their milk before night-night time. Excuse me since I'm all sentimental right now because it's almost my babies' (plural!!!) birthdays. And as I read the words, I am reminded about how traumatic and special each of those nights were.

I used to read to them Goodnight Moon and another good-night book before bed (can't find them in the mess of the playroom at this moment). Now we know Goodnight Moon by heart and repeat it sometimes before bed.

What books do you read to get the kids to chill out and relax drift off soundly to sleep?

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to buy it for Zoe to read to her baby. When she was little, she'd have Jim tell her again and again: "If all the little girls in all the world were lined up in a big long line and I walked up and down looking at all these little girls, the one I would choose would be you!"

    ReplyDelete