Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankfulness, Day 19

Today I am thankful for the bond of family. Whenever a life event happens, you are reminded of the bond that a family shares. You stick together like glue and all of the previous frustrations/fights/whatever disappear and you bond together to support one another.

Loosing someone to death is hard. It's always hard. Even if you were expecting it or not. It still stings and you go through the cycle of the 'grief emotions.'

Through reading blogs and witnessing the words being written about experiencing baby loss, pregnancy loss, child loss, parent loss, sibling loss; I tend to watch my words more carefully when writing or saying my condolences. I wouldn't of learned this without the blogging world. About what is proper to say without really hurting someone's feelings without knowing it.

When supporting my family during the loss of a great, wonderful man... who was my dad's brother and my favorite uncle, I have found that just offering physical/materialistic support is best. I don't want to say the wrong thing or mention how 'he's not hurting anymore' to those of my family members that were his children or wife, but traveling across states to be there to say goodbye is what matters.

The grieving loss feeling doesn't end there, it never ends. It just gets a bit easier as the hours or days or months pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment