Monday, April 4, 2011

'How to' wash a Pillow Pet

So after a long day with flu-girl Emma.... Ava exploded last night all over her bed after eating dinner. This included her beloved panda Pillow Pet. How the heck do you wash a Pillow Pet with a stackable washer/dryer unit?!??!

Well I did it! YAY!

I read somewhere, and I'm very thankful for those instructions that were ingrained into my head, on how to wash one.

Step 1: Fold Pillow Pet in half and stick into a white pillow case. Tie a knot so the Pet doesn't escape.
Step 2: Smash the Pet into the tiny, tiny, tiny washing machine.
Step 3: Make sure you have another Pet or something heavy to balance the other side of the washer so it doesn't bang over and over again when the spin cycle is in effect.
Step 4: Close the lid.
Step 5: Once the washer is done, put the Pet into the tiny, tiny, tiny dryer with the pillow case still in tact and dry it for two cycles.

And WA LA!!! There you have it. Simple and easy instructions on how to clean and dry a Pillow Pet after it faced a very sick and sad girl.

***Pillow Pets did not pay me to write this post. I thought it would be useful for all parents since they are very much loved products. Although, a coupon in the mail from them wouldn't be a bad thing either. ;)

5 comments:

  1. That is a great post! The technique is helpful for many things - thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Jodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know. we have a pillow pet in the mail to us and I am sure that at some point we will need to wash it. Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even put our pillow pets in the pillow case anymore - lol!! We have 4 in our house and they've all been either thrown up on or covered in snot so many times that now I just throw in the wash with whatever else became victim to my kids - and they always come out nice & clean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments ladies!!! I guess it's more common than I had thought. But always a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete