Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where's the Love? Wednesday - Nana Hilda's moon

The love today is in a sweet memory I always want my girls to remember.
When I had just found out that I was pregnant with Emma, my dear mother in law was fighting her battle with cancer and left us to go to Heaven when Ava was just 7 months old.
On the night that she died, the moon was in a crescent shape and was shown to us just moments after she had passed. It was a happy face crescent moon. And an hour or so after we saw it, it was gone. Like it was her way if telling us she was okay and not to worry.
So everytime the moon shows its shadow and beautiful outline of a smiley face, my husband and I make it a point to show the girls and tell them that it is their "Nana Hilda's moon." Which in turn, allows her memory to live on in a beautiful way.
What is also super special is that the girls are starting to get birth marks which we call "angel kisses." Angel kisses that their Nana Hilda gives them as she watches over them in Heaven.
Want to share the love? Visit Abby at Akers of Love by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a sweet and loving story, and a wonderful way to share your Nana's memory with the girls...

    ReplyDelete